Firstly, you need to know what causes a bent penis
Contrary to popular belief, a bent or curved penis DOES NOT mean that you have Peyronies Disease.
You may naturally have a curved or bent penis and as long as you don't feel any pain during erections and intercourse, you should be safe.
However, if you experience pain, discomfort or a slight softening in your erections, then you may have the disease. So what should you do?
What is exactly Peyronies Disease ?
Basic facts about Peyronies Disease And Its Effects On A Bent Penis
- Peyronies Disease is a disease that results from inflammation and scarring in the tunica albuginea, This particular part of the male sex organ is the elastic tissue that forms the wall of the corpora cavernosa (the cyclindrical tube that forms the penis shaft). What causes this inflammation still an unknown factor and is out of the scope of this brief introduction.
- Peyronies Disease causes a bent or curve in the penis (a bent penis) during erection due to the deposit of hard lumps or fibrous plaques on the tunica albuginea. These lumps are non-cancerous in nature but can be rather painful.
- Peyronies Disease can cause a man to suffer temporary erectile dysfunction due to the fact that bloodflow to the penis is restricted by the deposits of plaque. You may expereince pain and a softening in your erections.
- This is a disease that affects between 1-3% of men and usually those above 55 years of age.
- Although not life threatening, Peyronies Disease can severely affect your sexual life and your self esteem if left untreated.
What should you do if you suspect that you have Peyronies Disease or a bent penis?
You have several options - surgical or non-surgical solutions. If yours is a very serious case, then surgery may be recommended but only as a means to restore any loss in sexual functions and not to correct a bent penis.
Note that surgery is not a guaranteed cure for Peyronies disease (or bent penis). Besides, surgery is a complicated, risky and expensive procedure ( at least $5,500 )
You would be wiser to consider other safer options ...